Below you can find a list of proactive actions against hemorroidhal disease.
- Fiber rich diet to prevent constipation.
- Do not delay defecation.
- Avoid any painkiller containing codeine.
- Maintain a regular physical activity and exercise schedule.
- Avoid standing for long hours and sitting on the toilet for a long time.
- Always rinse the anal area with mild soap and water after defecation.
Foods to avoid
- Low fiber foods (sweets, dairy products, meat)
- Carbonated soft drinks, coffee, alcohol
- White bread, white pasta and products made from white flour
- Spicy foods
- Processed, high-sodium foods
- Fat- rich foods
- Sugar – rich foods
You should note that food alone does not develop hemorrhoidal disease. However it can worsen indigestion issues, leading to hemorrhoidal disease.